Customers across the globe are accessing the internet round the clock. Today internet viewing does not need any dedicated time slot for users/shoppers/ surfers. They are active on the internet 24×7. After the advent of the internet-ready mobile devices including tablets and smartphones, the eCommerce industry has become a goldmine of opportunities for those willing a foray into online retail.
To ensure your success in eCommerce, you need a website designed and developed by any reputed eCommerce companies in Delhi NCR India. The thought of having an eCommerce store is, of course, a great idea, but there are numberless things associated with an eCommerce website, particularly when it is going to hit cyberspace for the first time.
This blog brings some of the most important tips and considerations, particularly for those who are venturing into online business for the first time, and are getting ready to launch a website:
1. Avoid rushing the launch of your website
It is often seen and observed that new eCommerce entrepreneurs make haste in launching their eCommerce website which causes a large number of problems and create a very bad impression for the enthusiastic shoppers who visit it for the first time. While it is quite okay to buy a domain and post a “Coming Soon’’ message with some welcoming graphics, you should avoid the big reveal until you are 100% ready with the substantial groundwork that includes:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) Strategy
- Content marketing
- Social media platforms, and
- Paid advertising, etc.
2. Focus on your customers
It is an open secret that through an online environment, you are incapable of making your customers feel, touch, and smell the products they want to buy from your online shopping store. But it does not mean that you should feel discouraged by the same. You can compensate for this aspect by focusing on other areas of your online store that include:
- Offering competitive pricing
- Providing free shipping
- Making the checkout process easier and hassle-free
- Making shopping cart simplified
- Providing a fully secured and safe payment process.
3. Carry out comprehensive testing on all aspects
As an eCommerce website is considered to be the most complicated tool through which you take your products or services to the markets, comprehensive testing is all that you need before, during, and even after the launch. Investing in testing as well as analytics is also an integral part of the game plan. At this juncture, you should think like a common customer and access your website from the customer’s point of view. The eCommerce companies in Delhi NCR India you can join hands with can guide you more concerning this crucial aspect.
4. Incorporate all social elements
Social media channels these days have become the heartbeat of eCommerce businesses, as it provides you with an uninterrupted glance into the lifestyle as well as thinking of the customers. Have a dedicated social media team guided by a competent social media manager doing all the needful in the social domains. Apart from it, make sure you are incorporating all social elements in your website such as:
- A dedicated section for product reviews and testimonials
- Social media login options
- ·Product sharing facility.
5. Take mobile seriously
Smartphones and other mobile devices have completely transformed the way the things used to be bought and sold online. M-commerce has gained immense popularity, and new eCommerce owners and retailers must be aware of this aspect. M-commerce has become one of the most popular, effective, and efficient methods to increase the customer base as well as overall revenue. More than 51% of the total online buying is being made on mobile phones. Therefore, it is unavoidably necessary to take mobile seriously if you are dreaming of a flourishing online business.
6. Mobile App: the lifeline of online retailers
A technically efficient and competent mobile app comes next to web pages and is an unfailing tool in the hands of all online retailers. A mobile application designed and developed by any reputed provider of application development services is comparatively more beneficial as the app customers are considered to be more loyal. It is because they spend both time and money downloading and saving the app onto their devices as their dedicated tool of buying things they need, offering an increased probability of making frequent purchases. Apart from it, through a mobile app online retailer can:
- Take advantage of highly personalized two-way communication with their valued customers
- Can analyze the interests of the customers to send message accordingly
- Use push messaging facility for better triggering
- Send quick notifications about the arrival of new collections as well as special offers on them
- Keep their customers updated with availability, price drop, and sale on the saved items
- Give suggestions of items that the customers have already viewed
- Create a mental compulsion while making the customers re-think and buy particular products
7. Stay on top of SEO
As the eCommerce industry is already booming and flourishing the world over, a large number of new businesses are making a foray into it making the place overcrowded. That means new online retailers have to be very specific about their presence on top search engines. No matter how good products or services you have, in the absence of a strong and dominating online presence, they could prove to be futile. At this juncture, connecting with a skilled SEO service provider can help you not only to stay competitive in the online marketplace but also to stand out from the crowd. SEO holds importance for an eCommerce store because:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) delivers results that are not only targeted but also cost-effective and measurable.
- SEO means long-term gains – its shelf life is far better than paid advertising methodologies that stop the moment you stop paying. SEO just keeps going and going.
- SEO requires effort upfront. Once your store has started ranking higher, your sales start behaving like a plane on autopilot mode without any recurring expense.
8. Offer excellent online support
As per the experts who study customer behavior, all customers want to get assured that they will get the best online support, if needed, after purchasing from any online store. A guarantee or assurance of support helps them maintain their cool during all steps of buying a product. If you win their hearts in the support area, they will convert into loyal buyers. The most common and popular support these days is a live-chat feature that works round-the-clock. Experts say that this tool has the power to increase your site-wide conversion by more than 15%.
9. The Endnote
Last but not the least important factor is the eCommerce solutions provider that you choose to work on your project. Designing and developing a great eCommerce website takes years of experience and proven expertise. Most new online entrepreneurs choose their eCommerce website design and development partner just centering on the pricing considerations. It is okay to save on money, but what ultimately matters is the excellence that you provide to your customers. So choose the company wisely to expect better gains later on.
Sterco Digitex has been an undisputed leader in the eCommerce domain with the successful accomplishments of hundreds of eCommerce projects. Leveraging its experience in the design and development of B2C and B2B eCommerce websites, the company helps the clients in identifying features that suit their requirements.